Friday, March 20, 2009

Where has the time gone?



It seems like yesterday I was getting everything ready for my precious baby boy to be born. At the time Josh was away and Jackson and I were staying with my parents. Thank you mom for letting us stay with you! I know I can be a pain at times. On Saint Patrick's Day was when I knew I was not going to make it to my due date. I was having mild contractions, and for me that meant it was only a matter of time. I contracted through the night, but by mid morning they had stopped. As that day came to an end they started again. I waited as long as I could to wake my mom. At about 4am I called my doctor and told him what was going on. He said drink some water and give it a couple more hours. Around 9am we headed to Trident Regional Hospital in Charleston, South Carolina. My mom and sister Beth were there with me the whole time. Josh was not able to be there physically but we were able to have him on the phone on and off through out the day. He had a 30 minute window between class and PT and I was determined to have Josh with me while I pushed. Preston came late afternoon, and Josh was with me the whole time!
If you haven't noticed Preston and Josh resemble each other closely. Preston looked like Josh from the moment he was born. Like most babies Preston wanted to be held most of the time. This is hard to do with a one year old who was a Mamma's Boy! Jackson loved and shared with Preston until Preston was able to get around and take things for himself! Luckily they are starting to really enjoy playing with each other.













As a baby Preston was very observant, he always looked like he was deep in thought, and liked to watch others interact. People always told me that babies who are like that are smart when they get older. Maybe that is why Preston has such a big vocabulary for such a little guy. One thing has not changed Preston still likes to be held. He gives the best squeeze hug and loves to snuggle.
Preston is definitely all BOY! He likes dirt, rocks, and everything outdoors. He could careless about getting dirty, and truly enjoys digging in the mud. He has been such a blessing to have. I could not imagin a day without my boys! The Lord truly knew what my heart needed when he gave me my family. I never knew the love that I had to give until I had my boys. Happy Birthday Preston! We love you more than you love us!





















1 comment: